Many people feel uneasy about showing their smile. You may feel self-conscious if you have damaged, decayed, discolored, or crooked teeth. You may wonder whether a dentist can fix all of your smile problems.
A full smile makeover is a multi-step procedure that can completely change your smile. Combining procedures like teeth whitening, veneers, crowns, bridges, dental implants, and Invisalign, our dentists can bring back the function and appearance of your teeth.
Steps Included in a Full Smile Makeover
Your smile makeover may include some of these example steps, but remember that smile makeovers are custom-created for every patient.
Step #1: Consultation
You and your dentist will meet to discuss what you expect from a smile makeover and address the issues you want to fix. These may be as simple as stained teeth or as complex as missing teeth.
Step #2: Budget and Treatment Plan
It's best to be upfront with your dentist about how much you can spend on your smile makeover. Your dentist can customize your treatment plan according to your price range.
Step #3: Early Treatments
The dentist will arrange your treatment steps logically, ensuring more involved procedures happen at the beginning to allow healing time.
- Tooth extractions: You may need to extract compromised teeth to prepare for bridges or implants.
- Root canals: Before moving on to a smile makeover, you need healthy teeth. A root canal treats infection and secures the tooth for the future.
- Crowns and bridges: These appliances restore chewing function and appearance.
- Bone grafts before dental implants: Bone grafts take several months to heal before placing implants.
- Dental implant surgery: The multi-step implant process takes a few months.
- Invisalign: This clear aligner treatment takes about 12 to 18 months and gives beautiful results.
Step #4: Finishing Touches
- Veneers: This useful cosmetic treatment can replace multiple procedures by covering teeth with attractive porcelain shells.
- Bonding: Bonding is a cost-effective alternative to other cosmetic procedures and can fix multiple problems in one step.
- Teeth Whitening: We offer at-home and in-office whitening.
Frequently Asked Questions About Full Smile Makeovers
Can dentists fix really bad teeth?
With enough time and resources, dentists can fix almost any cosmetic problem. Living with problem teeth can affect your self-esteem, public image, and quality of life, and dentists want you to feel good about your smile.
How long does a full smile makeover take?
A full smile makeover can take one to two years, depending on the procedures chosen. If you choose only the finishing touches, you could finish in months.
Call The Smile Architects
If a full smile makeover sounds attractive, please call our Huntersville, NC, office at 704-875-1621. We can schedule an appointment for a consultation where our dentists will assess your needs and let you know what they can do to bring back your smile.